The Cross-Canada Virtual Road Trip Contest 2021 is now closed. Winners will be notified on Friday, June 11, 2021. Thank you to all participants!
Cross-Canada Virtual Road Trip Contest 2021
We’ve stopped at some wonderful locations during the Cross-Canada Virtual Road Trip and learned about Canadian geography, wildlife, history and more. These sessions have also touched on the protection of spaces and species in Canada and beyond. But why is the need to engage in environmental protection important? We want to hear from Canadian classrooms in the 2021 Cross-Canada Virtual Road Trip contest —there are great prizes to be won!
The contest will open for online entries on May 18, 2021 at 12:00:01 p.m. (EDT) and will close on June 4, 2021 at 11:59:59 a.m. (EDT).
Who is eligible?
Grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 (or equivalent) classrooms in Canada.
What does your class need to do?
We’re encouraging classrooms to think about what they’ve learned from the Cross-Canada Virtual Road trip sessions, to get creative and to submit a small project answering the following question: Why is the need to engage in environmental protection important?
- Your classroom must have viewed at least one live or recorded Cross-Canada Virtual Road Trip session. Recorded sessions can be found on the Exploring by the Seat of your Pants website.
- After watching the session, have your class prepare a submission that responds to the question: Why is the need to engage in environmental protection important?
- Your classroom’s submission can be in French or English and can take the form of either:
– A slideshow presentation (maximum 15 slides)
– A creative writing piece (maximum 500 words)
– An ensemble of visual art (maximum 15 pieces of visual art)
– Or a photo essay (maximum 15 photographs)
- Submissions must be original, must not contain copyrighted material, and must not be defamatory, offensive, vulgar, or illegal. Submissions must be created by the members of the classroom. Submissions may not include images, music, lyrics, or other licensed images or audio without the creator’s consent.
- Submissions may not include content that has been previously published or is pending publication.
- Submissions must not include any personal information of individual students (including biometric information such as the faces of students).
- Limit of one submission per classroom.
How to enter:
Entries can only be done online and must be sent by email to [email protected] including all entry requirements before the close of the contest period.
What to include:
- Contact information: the teacher/instructor’s name, their telephone number and email address, as well as the name of the school and the grade or grade equivalent of the classroom;
- The classroom division (either Junior Division or Senior Division) into which the teacher/instructor believes the submission should be entered;
- The classroom’s submission.
Submissions will be judged in two divisions:
- Junior division (Grades 3, 4, and 5 or equivalent).
- Senior division (Grades 6, 7, and 8 or equivalent). Quebec Secondary 1 and Secondary 2 classrooms will be included in the Senior Division.
A total of six contest prizes are available to be awarded to winning classrooms. There is a limit of one prize per classroom.
|Award||Junior Division (Grades 3, 4, 5)||Senior Division (Grades 6, 7, 8)|
Rules and Regulations and COVID-19 Policy:
If you’d like more information on the locations that were visited during the Cross-Canada Virtual Road Trip, be sure to check out our StoryMap.