Canadian Geographic Education (Can Geo Education) aims to foster geographic engagement among Canadians by supporting continuing improvement and promotion of geographic education at all levels.
Can Geo Education, a standing committee of the Royal Canadian Geographical Society, is seeking nominations to the Executive Committee in the following positions:
- Ontario – Term: November 2021 – November 2024
- Atlantic Canada (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador) – Term: November 2021 – November 2024
- Post-secondary – Term: November 2021 – November 2024
The Executive Committee provides leadership to the Can Geo Education membership. Members of the committee are responsible for:
- Representing local and regional viewpoints on educational practices and issues;
- Representing Can Geo Education in their respective provinces and/or territories;
- Promoting and raising the national and international profile of Can Geo Education and the Society; and
- Advocating for geographic education in Canada.
Can Geo Education aims to create future generations of geographically literate Canadians by:
- Being the national voice for K-12 geographic education;
- Leading in the creation of relevant and responsive educational resources in geography; and
- Building capacity in the teaching of geography and related subjects.
These positions are open to members of Can Geo Education who reside in the aforementioned geographic areas. Can Geo Education is a bilingual organization and will accept nominations in both official languages. Applicants should be well acquainted with the current state of geographic education and curricula in their jurisdiction.
The Executive Committee shall consist of voting members who act in a voluntary capacity. Prospective members are encouraged to explore our website for more information about Canadian Geographic Education and its programs and offerings.
Please complete the application form below by 12:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, October 15, 2021.
All applications will be reviewed by current Can Geo Education executives. Successful candidates will be contacted by email.